During the past decades, material modelling has become a field of central scientific importance. Although there exist many workshops, meetings, colloquia, etc. on specific materials and particular applications, here a single conference dedicated to material modelling with all its various facets is intended. To this end, the aim of the ICMM conference is to bring together researchers from the various fields of material modelling and material characterization and to cover essentially all aspects of material modelling. This will provide the opportunity for interaction between scientists working in different subareas of material mechanics who otherwise would not come into contact with each other.
- Linear elasticity and viscoelasticity
- Nonlinear elasticity
- Plasticity and viscoplasticity
- Experimental identification and material characterization
- Cosserat, micromorphic and gradient materials
- Atomistic/continuum transition on nanoscale
- Optimization and inverse problems in multiscale modelling
- Granular materials and particle systems
- Biomechanics and biomaterials
- Electronic materials
- Heterogeneous materials
- Coupled field problems
- Creep, damage and fatigue
- Numerical aspects of material modelling
This biannual conference is the sixth in the ICMM series. The first ICMM took place in 2009 in Dortmund, Germany. The conference has since then been organized in Paris, France; Warsaw, Poland; Berkeley, USA; Rome, Italy.